Come On In!
Oh Hey! Welcome! Glad you could make it! I hope it wasn’t too hard finding the place.
I’m a little type A and live for clear directions. It’s a little shameful how much I hate when people are vague. For me, this shows up in so many categories of life. Especially when someone encourages me to take up a new challenge and they do not properly inform me of what it truly involves. Like all too often people are like, “go to college, buy a car, get married, have a baby, blah blah blah. And as wonderful and common as those things seem, there is quite a bit under the surface that you’re unaware & unprepared for.
I find myself blown away by all the lessons I’ve learned “on the job”, because no one really got into the details about what it entailed. It’s even more alarming, that when I mention the challenge I faced in taking on a new task, someone inevitably gives me the “duh” face as if they already knew and I was being silly. They knew, THEY JUST DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING.
Fortunately for me, I’ve got a great group of girlfriends who are willing to listen (& often read) while I process my new discoveries. Anytime I learn or experience something, you’re going to hear about it. Mostly because I can’t believe no one else is talking about it! And I won’t do my people that way! Shoot, I won’t do you that way! I didn’t know, you didn’t know, but we’re gon learn together!
That’s what this blog series is all about. It’s dedicated to exploring the s*** they never told me, for all the lessons I didn’t have to be blindsided by, and learning to laugh at myself along the way. It’s a peek into my life; a peek at the things that made me say, “wtf”.
This blog is dedicated to you to help ease the load and hopefully lighten the mood, while we figure out being an adult. I hope that it is the voice to all the texts we started but deleted, too embarrassed or shocked to talk about “it.”
Shoot, this blog is the password to my phone. All the big things I’m chatting with my friends about that have been off limits for too long. So please, go ahead, and read the Text to My Girlfriends.
Comments
Post a Comment